Taking care of your skin doesn’t have to be complicated, and yet, with so many skin care products on the market, it can be hard finding the right product for you. Get ready to upgrade your skin care routine.
1. The deep pore cleansing Aztec Healing Clay will karate chop the crap out of cystic acne.
This cult favorite should be a staple in your skin care routine – that is, if you are willing to put in a little work. Sure, once applied, it will feel like the life itself is being sucked out of you, but that’s because it’s pulling out all the impurities—those dreaded blackheads. It’s reminiscent of what it felt like to pull the blackhead strip off your nose back in the early 2000s when that method was at its peak.
Get it from Amazon for $8.80.
2. Dr.G Brightening Peeling Gel, a detox routine that gives your face that luminous skin you’ve been dreaming of.
There’s something so satisfying in not only feeling, but seeing your dead skin crumble from your face. Trust me, it’s not morbid. It’s refreshing, especially when you see that brighter complexion finally break through.
Get it from Amazon for $13.20.
3. Heritage Store Rosewater contains herbal extracts and rosewater to refresh and hydrate really tight and dry skin.
You know what doesn’t get talked about enough? Toners. This is so unfortunate because besides removing excess dirt you might have missed from your wash and closing your pores, toners will help restore your skin’s pH balance. So if you have oily, dry, or combination skin, this can be the one thing between you and that “normal” skin type we all pine for. Basically, whether in mist form or applied by a cotton ball, toners are your best friend. Pair with the Aztec Healing Clay for more hydration.
Get it from Amazon for $8.29.
4. Cosrx Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser smooths your complexion by gently lifting extra dirt, oil, and makeup to prevent future breakouts.
Whether your skin care routine consists of seven steps or three, this is a fuss-free face wash that gives your face a clean palette for whatever steps are to follow. Since it has a low pH level, it’s optimal for a healthy balanced skin making perfect for those who have dry skin, oily skin or combination skin.
Get it from Amazon for $10.90.
5. Naturopathica’s Sweet Cherry Brightening Enzyme Peel, a sweet cherry formula for glowing skin no matter the time of year.
This peel is a delicious-smelling cherry purée mask that claims it will brighten and even out your skin, making it wonders for those who suffer from hyperpigmentation. If you’re looking for quick, effective results and want to see a holistic change in your skin, rather than just a spot treatment, then you should add this to your skincare routine.
Get it from Amazon for $55.10.
6. Frank Body Peppermint Coffee Scrub will gently remove dirt AND restore your skin cells.
With a base of ground coffee beans as the main ingredient, Frank Body Peppermint Body Scrub works to remove the layer of dead skin cells to reveal a healthier layer of skin. It also helps with skin conditions like dry and flaky skin, cellulite, stretch marks, eczema, and psoriasis. Frank Body also gives an intense boost of hydration when you rinse and dry off.
Get it from Amazon for $22.35.
7. Life-Flo Pure Almond Oil replenishes your skin and deeply cleanses your pores without drying you out!
Whether it’s used as a cleanser or a moisturizer, oil is your friend. I moisturize and sometimes cleanse with a dime-size amount of almond oil but argan oil is another option to help promote the healing and balancing for your skin. Life-Flo is a cost-effective brand that is perfect for those wanting to try the cleansing method, as they pack a lot of product in one bottle.
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
8. Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting Exfoliant refreshes skin by washing away dead skin cells.
I’ve tried a lot of Paula’s Choice products, but nothing has left me shook more than the Skin Perfecting Exfoliant. It’s safe to use daily, but I have a tendency to use it when my face is on the verge of a breakout as it has a way to tame my stressed, acne-prone skin. If only there was a way for this product to manifest itself in my daily life.
Get it from Amazon for $27.55.
9. A dime-size scoop of the Dr. Alkaitis Organic Purifying Facial Cleanser will go a long way – and it’s worth it.
Quality skin care doesn’t have to be expensive, but sometimes the best product is pricey. Case in point: the Dr. Alkaitis brand. I was introduced to the brand by Lori Labedz, a former esthetician at Great Jones Spa and owner of a luxury apothecary and gift shop called At Wilderness. She gave me samples of the Dr. Alkaitis Organic Purifying Facial Cleanser and life has never been the same.
Get it from Amazon for $65.00.
10. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Clear Skin Sunscreen, an SPF 60 sunscreen that protects your face from all those sunspots your mom warns you about.
Do people still not wear sunscreen? I chose to believe everyone does. So I’m going to assume that you’re just in the market for a new one. While there are plenty of good options on the market, this is perfect for those who suffer from breakouts, without giving a white cast or a greasy feel.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.