If you’re anything like me, you love working out. So much so that some people would call you a gym rat. You love living a healthy lifestyle and staying fit. You’re down for every type of workout and genuinely look forward to your time at the gym. And…
1. You stress about missing your workout or fitness class
You know that a missed workout is not the end of the world and you will make it up. But days just aren’t as good without your workout.
2. Gym clothes make up more than half your wardrobe
You love your gym clothes and looking good while sweating it out. And you can’t have too many neon sports bras, right?
3. But at the same time, you never seem to have enough gym clothes
Yoga is low impact so I can wear this tank top again, right?
4. You schedule your life around your workouts
I am working out at 6pm so we could maybe meet up at like 9 or 9:30?
5. You’re a regular at your gym and other gym rats know you
You’ve made friends at your regular spinning and yoga classes. And the people who work at your gym know you well.
6. Finding a new workout that works for you it feels like a romantic crush
When you first discovered spinning or pilates you felt all the feels second only to first love or your middle school crush.
7. You are confused by people who never workout
What do you do all day?
8. You are proud of yourself when you workout especially hard
It’s called working out because you’re there to work. The sweater, the better.
9. The soreness after a targeted workout is the best feeling
You feel super proud that you killed your ab workout so hard that laughing now hurts (but in a good way).
10. You have *mixed* feelings about working out with other people
Working out with other people is awesome if you guys are all actually working really hard – I mean workout buddies for life. But more often than not it ends up being a fun social time and you don’t get your sweat in.
11. Working out is therapeutic for you
When you have a bad day, nothing feels better than getting in a hard workout. Those endorphins can really turn a bad day around for you.
12. TFW you forget your headphones
Do you go home and get your headphones or do you maximize your workout on your own? Working out is SO MUCH HARDER without your pump up playlist!
13. Your friends make fun of you for living at the gym
I promise I only go for a couple hours everyday guys. As much as I love the gym, I love my bed too.
14. Fitness isn’t just going to the gym, it’s a lifestyle
Fitness is healthy eating, consistent hydration, protein intake, stretching, going to the gym and so much more. Your healthy, fit lifestyle is just how you roll.
15. Working out in a rush is THE WORST
Getting your workout in every day is your lifestyle but having to squeeze your workout in between life events means you can’t get as long or thorough of a workout. And sometimes you feel a little guilty about not doing those extra reps.
16. You have a love-hate relationship with your foam roller
On the one hand your foam roller helps you stretch and loosen up your muscles. On the other hand, it hurts so freaking much!
17. Going to the gym is how you love yourself
Working out makes you feel strong and superb. For you, self-love is getting to the gym often and keeping a healthy lifestyle.