1. You are so antisocial?
Your family wants you to participate in pointless banter but you just have to jot down those points that popped up in your mind urgently.
2. The need to carry a notebook and pen everywhere
You feel naked and vulnerable when you’re without a pen and a notebook. I mean, what if an amazing new poem chooses to reveal itself to you while shopping? Or jogging? Or making dinner?
3. People getting mad ‘coz they think you wrote about them
Because obviously, they are the most interesting and dramatic person you know.
4. It’s not about me either
People also often assume that your writings are just an extension of your personal diary.
5. When you are reading your work out loud but your family thinks you finally lost your mind
And there is just no convincing them otherwise.
6. Low-key wondering who on earth bothers to read your work
The impostor syndrome is real.
7. Feeling terrified at the idea of being published
Terrified and super excited all at the same time.
8. When your favorite publication has their submissions window open
The pure exhilaration of it all!
9. When writer’s block is too real
Blank pages, anyone?
10. That wave of inspiration after a prolonged writer’s block
Give me a paper and pen NOW!!!
11. When you’re finally in the groove of it but your phone rings
How could you forget to put the damn thing on silent??
12. Obsessing over your work
Editors are expensive.
13. When you forget to save
Or accidentally delete your work!
14. When you are trying to come up with unique metaphors
Because we all know that those things can make or break your work.
15. To rhyme or not to rhyme?
That is the question.
16. When you just hate your old pieces
They’re full of novice mistakes and annoying clichés.
17. Falling in love with your final draft
When all the edits earn their place.
18. When you are working on your craft
Because there is always room for improvement.
19. When someone wants a sneak peek, but you are still on draft one
The internal epic panic attack you have is worth writing home about.
20. When you have to beat a deadline
Deadlines, aren’t they just adorable?
21. And when it is finally complete
Ahh, guess who gets to curl up with some nice hot tea and a good book?