No one loves anything more than a fangirl loves her fandom. Our love for our favorite fictional worlds can be obsessive, weird, overenthusiastic, and extreme, but it’s something we are unapologetically proud of. Whatever fandom you belong to, being a fangirl is a way of life that cannot be understood by everyone else, and here’s 21 feelings you’ll only relate to if you belong in a fandom.
1. Crying over fictional deaths…..even after years
After all this time? Always. *sobs in a corner*
2. The murderous rage over spoilers
HOW DARE YOU?
3. The excitement when you spot someone wearing your fandom’s merch
I’ve never felt this sudden urge to befriend a stranger before.
4. Dropping fandom references casually in your everyday sentences
Even when no one in your life actually gets it.
5. Making up imaginative scenarios in your mind when you are bored
Who will listen to a lecture when you can daydream yourself into the wizarding world?
6. The realization that you’ll probably go broke over buying merch
Groceries? Pfft. I need to buy that cute Tardis pendant from Etsy.
7. That irritating moment when someone joins your fandom and acts as if they’re a bigger fan.
Girl, I was here way before you even knew this fandom existed.
8. The inability to see the members of the cast as any other character.
What are you doing at Marvel, Sherlock? This is unacceptable.
9. There are additional words in your vocabulary that no one else understands
Flail? OTP? Canon? Endgame? Ship? – How do I even start to explain?
10. That mix of excitement and fear when you hear about a sequel or spin off
Is this going to be a Force Awakens or a Cursed Child? Please don’t ruin this for me.
11. Being invested in your OTP more than your own relationships
And that insurmountable joy you feel when they finally become canon.
12. Vicariously living through fanfiction
You would’ve penned down some masterpieces yourself as well.
13. Tumblr is life
You guys get me. *sniffles*
14. Shipping a crossover couple despite the fact that they’ll never meet each other
Here’s to all the beautiful souls who ship Jack Frost and Elsa.
15. The instant bond you develop with a fellow fangirl
Where were you all my life?
16. Your phone gallery has more pictures relating to your fandom than your own photos.
Sweating nervously when a friend asks for your phone.
17. Getting ready for a showdown when someone insults your fandom
Run while you can still save your life.
18. Introducing someone to your fandom, and watch them spiral into the madness
Insert maniacal laughter.
19. That moment when two of your fandoms meet
Is there anything more epic than Wholock?
20. Taking pride in the fact that you are a walking encyclopedia on your fandom
You know characters’ birthdays, bonus content, deleted scenes, fan theories – you’re a trivia champion.
21. Your online community is like your second family
Sisters from different mothers brought together by a shared love.
I am a professional fangirl and I feel you my fellow beautiful human beings. Let us all revel in our unrequited love for characters who do not exist, our urge to be a part of a world that we will never visit and our feels that can be only understood by each other. Also, I hope your favorite fanfiction author decides to update soon.