1. You don’t know what it’s like to share a room with someone…until you go to college
Sleeping in the top bunk freshman year was definitely a new experience for me.
2. There is this assumption that you must have been spoiled as a child
Kinda, sorta, not really!
3. Every now and then you remember how it is pretty much your responsibility to take care of your parents when they get older
Yikes! Just kidding, I know I’ll be able to handle it.
4. It can get kind of lonely sometimes
Not gonna lie…
5. Until you remember that you have family & friends who love you
Shout out to my huge extended family!
6. At least you know you’re the favorite child
There’s nobody to compete with or be compared to.
7. Going to parties where you didn’t know anyone could get awkward, especially during teenage years
Glad those days are over.
8. You’re not used to conflict because you’re not accustomed to someone annoying you all the time
Ugh, just go along with me!
9. You’re pretty used to having to travel alone
And while you’re at it, you don’t have to fight with anyone over deciding where to eat!
10. You make sure your cousins will act like real aunts & uncles to your future kids
11. At some point, you begin to enjoy your own company
And that is a beautiful feeling.
12. You’re used to being the center of attention, especially when it comes to grandparents
You have an extra special bond with them.
13. Growing up, you made friends with your dolls & stuffed toys
Maybe that’s where your creative spark comes from?
14. You are super grateful for your cousins, who feel like siblings
Don’t know what I would do without them!
15. At the end of the day, you feel too blessed to be stressed
Being an only child isn’t so bad after all!