Glitter tears are the newest beauty trend to hit Instagram and we are totally here for it. At first, this trend sounded totally nonsensical. Like, what do glitter tears even mean? Well, it’s the use of glitter and small jewels to recreate the look of smudged makeup that results from some serious ugly crying. Still sounds a little nonsensical, right?
Like why would you want to make it look like you’ve been crying, but with makeup?
But, as weird as it sounds, this trend is taking the Internet by storm.
To really understand how beautiful the trend is, you have to see it in action and done by really good makeup artists. So, here are some of the best examples of glitter tears from the #glittertears on Instagram.
1. This goth-y masterpiece.
2. This “starry-eyed” look.
3. We’re green with envy over this look.
4. The gold really makes that melanin pop.
5. This cat-eye glitter tear combo is extra in all the right ways.
6. These sheer gold tears are everything.
7. We can’t even handle this beauty.
8. That crescent moon accent though.
9. Pretty in Pink.
10. This detail work is so above and beyond.
11. This bedazzled beauty.
12. Those shooting stars.
13. This jeweled Queen.
14. These tears that match her hair.
15. An ocean-toned palette.
If you’re looking to replicate this amazing new trend, check out this fabulous makeup tutorial. Go forth and slay, world!