While the last two presidential debates made headlines because of one candidate’s incivility (cough, Trump, cough), the third and final debate nearly broke Twitter.
After Donald Trump angrily called Hillary Clinton a “Nasty Woman,” feminists took to the Internet to reclaim the derogatory statement. Women have been called far worse for far less, after all.
1. Women immediately reclaimed their “nastiness”
#nastywomenvote November 8th we will show him just how nasty we can be at the polls. #imwithher#uniteblue#nevertrump
— NastyWoman 4 Hillary (@deedee4hillary1) October 20, 2016
Watch out, we’re heading to the polls.
2. Call us what you want, it’s not gonna change who we are
— Sally Scott (@mssallyscott) October 20, 2016
3. Seriously, we’ve been called worse
— Allison Thrash (@AllisonThrash) October 20, 2016
And we know to take it as a compliment. Bitches. Get. Stuff. Done.
4. We just channeled our inner Michelle Obama
— Anne Born (@nilesite) October 20, 2016
When they go low, we go high (and head to the polls).
5. And Janet Jackson
— E Alice Isak (@alicesfolly) October 20, 2016
6. A LOT of Janet Jackson
— Jessica Nydia Pabón (@justjess_PhD) October 20, 2016
7. It’s Madame President, if you’re nasty
— JanetJacksonFan74 (@tdroberson74) October 20, 2016
8. If there could ever be too much Janet Jackson, this would be it
Trump: "Such A Nasty Woman"
— ithl123 (@ithl123) October 20, 2016
Fortunately, no such thing exists.
9. Nasty women just get to work
— Oh God, What Now? ? (@ShagMeFrida) October 20, 2016
Friendly reminder, that you’re name-calling at voters.
10. We’re not afraid to be called tough
— M.J. Pack (@megslice) October 20, 2016
11. If anything, we’re excited for a new generation of “Nasty Women”
— Christine (@christine_737) October 20, 2016
Teach your daughters that they don’t have to put up with abuse and bullying.
12. Haters gonna hate
— L Halse Anderson (@halseanderson) October 20, 2016
We’ll just move along.
13. While we’re at it, why not raise some money for the Nasty Women at Planned Parenthood?!
— Ana Maria Echeverri (@AnaMEcheverri) October 20, 2016
14. Calling us names might just make us stronger
I guess a woman is viewed as nasty if she has a strong opinion and isn't afraid to stick up for her beliefs. #nastywoman
— Haley (@Haley_Kawaii) October 20, 2016
Whether we’re Nasty Women, bitches, sluts, or worse, we’re not going anywhere. Besides the polls, that is. We’re definitely heading to the polls.