Being the eldest is the best. It is also often the worst.
What’s haunting though, is that you did not choose the eldest sibling life, the eldest sibling life chose you. And now you have to deal with it for the rest of your life.
1. You know your parents love you the most.
2. It’s fun to brag to your younger sibling that you’ve spent more time with your parents than they have, and all the cool places you visited before they were born!
3. Bossing siblings around never gets old.
4. That moment when you are the eldest and you are offered tea at the family gathering and your siblings envy you.
5. When you have a fight with your youngest sibling and your mom and dad ask you to calm down even though you’re right and the little one is wrong.
6. You are expected to be smart, good looking, and help around the house at the same time.
7. You miss your siblings the most when you move out for college or are just away from them in general.
8. When your younger siblings get sick you freak out
9. But also make fun of them for looking funny
10. When your younger siblings come to you for advice on life problems you become Master Shifu, but as soon as they close the door and leave you are back to being Po.
11. When you get your first salary and it becomes your duty to take them out for food.
12. When your parents expect you to be the ideal example for your younger siblings but you feel like a failure.
13. But they all love you and look up to you anyway.
14. When you open the fridge and find that the last pizza slice you were saving for midnight is gone, because you have a little brother.
15. When you match with your younger sibling, no matter how embarrassed they are.
16. When people get confused whether you are the oldest or not, because puberty was not kind to you.
17. When your younger siblings secretly try to copy your lifestyle and steal some of your cool shades or hats.
18. The youngest always try to outsmart you but fails every time no matter what the age gap is between the two of you.
19. When you are jealous of the youngest for getting all the love and attention.
20. When you realise the number of birthday presents is indirectly proportional to your age.
21. You know you are the eldest when you know all these bittersweet facts and still live with gratitude, because being a role model to your siblings means the world to you.