Septum piercings. Increasingly popular, they’re also known for dividing people firmly into two opposing camps: obsessed and against. I might be biased, but there’s something about a septum piercing that you don’t find in other kinds of facial piercings: edgy, but sweet.
Easily flipped up and hidden, they’re perfect if you’re considering a piercing but worried about whether it’ll affect your chances getting a job.
[bctt tweet=”Septum piercings are known for dividing people into two opposing camps: obsessed and against.” username=”wearethetempest”]
Granted, this is a piece of jewelry that comes heavily inspired by certain aspects of the world, just like other piercings that have now gotten increasingly mainstream (nose piercing, anyone?). Septum jewelry was extremely popular with South Indian dancers, certain Native American peoples, parts of Nepal, and Bangladesh. The septum piercing is very common in southern Nepal, especially in older women. Many women wear these septum rings to show social, tribal, and religious status.
1. This flawless reminder of its Desi roots.
2. Proof that accessories are everything.
3. Because you can never have too many piercings.
4. That perfect summer look.
5. Who says simple can’t be stunning?
7. The perfect finishing touch.
8. Because Amber Rose makes everything look good.
9. Effortlessly breathtaking.
10. Even the goat is jealous.
11. What a vision.
12. Absolutely stunning.
13. Willow Smith rocking the look.
15. Killing us all with this shot.
16. Just SO beautiful.